Inforgraphic provided by Rare London. To check out the original post, go to History of the Red Carpet – Memorable Moments and Fashion Trends.
Did you know that…
- In 2012, women outnumbered men in 3 categories for nominations
- Nearly 70% of all Best Pictures winners are longer than 2 hours.
- The first colour film to win Best Picture was Gone With The Wind in 1940
- The last black-and-white film to receive the award was Schindler’s List in 1994.
- Michael Jackson paid over a million for David Selznick’s award in 1999.
- Assembled diners were once presented with 1,200 bottles of champagne, 1,000 spiny lobsters, 1,200 Kumamoto Oysters, and 18kg of caviar and 7 kg of edible gold dust for the 4,000 chocolate Oscar statues.
- Walt Disney has the most Oscars to his name, with a grand total of 26.
- Most acting nominations: 17, for Meryl Streep